In 1957, a group of volunteers reorganized the Summit County Agricultural Society. The County Commissioners provided a lease for land on which to hold the county fair.
Volunteers, with their families and friends, donated their time and equipment to clear the property to make way for the fair. Over the years, their efforts were rewarded with a new lease that included additional land. Through the income from the fair, many volunteer hours and, donations from businesses and individuals, the Summit County Fairgrounds grew from a 5-acre wooded strip of land to a 65-acre site with over 20 building structures.
Recognizing the need to maintain and support these facilities and realizing that weather conditions play an important role on the outcome of a county fair, the Society began renting the buildings and grounds.
The Virginia OíCasek Party Center is rented for meetings, banquets, wedding receptions, parties and seminars. The 68,000 square foot Arena Complex is used for trade shows, dog shows, motor sports, craft shows, etc. The outside area is rented for flea markets, horse shows, car shows and RV club rallies. In winter, barn space is rented to store vehicles, boats and RVís.
The Summit County Agricultural Society of Ohio
P.O. Box 89
229 E. Howe Road
Tallmadge, OH 44278